First a reminder of the General Meeting this Friday at 5.30 pm at the Hall. All members welcome. Lots to discuss, including where the Hall is going, and planning fun things for the future. There may even be a cup of tea and bikkie after, or something better!
There are two new regular activities stating at the Hall, for your general well-being, erudition and pleasure.
- The first is that we are pleased to welcome Claire Dixon to take a class in gentle Hatha yoga at the Hall on Saturday mornings at 9.30 am starting from Saturday 7 October. Claire is currently teaching two classes in Kenilworth during the week (see the attached flier) and is willing to teach at Gheerulla for all of you who are unavailable during the week. The cost is $10 for an hour of rejuvenation, stretching and bliss. And O the benefits for those of us with dicky backs!
- Miriam is starting a Writers’ group, at 9am on the 1st Tuesday of each month at Gheerulla Hall. A group of people interested in writing will be meeting. The aim will be to help spur our writing and to discuss the craft. Old hands and aspiring writers, those who indulge in NaNoWriMo and those who enter local competitions, people with decades of experience and others who are new to writing — all are welcome. Bring along something you’ve written or just your ideas. Entry is free. We ask, but don’t require, a gold coin donation to the Gheerulla Hall for letting us use the venue.
- Don’t forget too Jo’s Fit Club on Wednesdays at 9.30 am, suitable for all ages, abilities and genders. $10 for a gentle, but all-encompassing workout with a bunch of wild people. You can help your heart, increase energy, stop growing old, reduce wrinkles, and achieve world peace. The closest get fit experience this side of the black stump. Wherever that is.
- And Line Dancing with Irene, if you haven’t yet had a go. Low impact but still weight bearing, and a workout for the brain. Irene is generously taking these classes for only a gold coin donation to the Hall. Move with attitude to all kinds of music – hip-hop, Irish, Doris Day, the Beach Boys, and more. The experts say you can make friends. So there. As well as boost memory, increase flexibilty, diminsigh depression, other stuff, and get sexy legs. Maybe one day the Gheerulla Team my enter a competition! Again, suitable for all comers, ages and genders. That’s on Friday mornings, 9.00 am during summer.
- It’s SCARECROW season shortly, and I propose to put a gallery of scarecrows up at the Hall. You can either make your own, or join in the fun as we try and make some. If you want to help make a SCARECROW to put up at the Hall, respond to this e-mail, with the times you are available, and I’ll set some dates. Probably most afternoons this coming week, as it won’t be so hot. Broom and mop people especially welcome, so don’t throw out that old cleaning apparati – turn into a facsimile of YOU, doing aerobics, of course. Or line dancing. Or writing. Or… we may have some materials and ideas for you to put one together. Get creative! Or help me immortalise insane world leaders in paper mache.
- And cos we’re cultured too, prior to Christmas, we may have some ukulele/music/singing sessions at the Hall on a Friday afternoon. Let me know if you’re a wannabe muso, and dust off your trombone, lagerphone, jug, balalaika, or that one you bought in India, and join in the Gheerulla Ensemble. Dates to be confirmed, but it will be Friday afternoons, probably.yours,Pollyanna